Pay on the go with Fitbit Pay
Whether you are out for a run, a ride, or heading to the gym, you can now leave your phone, cards, or cash at home or in your locker. All you need is your Fitbit smart watch or fitness tracker.
Fitbit Pay is designed for people on the go, enabling you to make quick and secured digital payments using your Fitbit watch or fitness tracker. To make purchases, you will simply need to add any of the QNB credit, debit or prepaid cards into the Fitbit device through the Fitbit app available on both Android and iOS.
Why Fitbit Pay?
- No need to carry your physical card nor the phone
It’s simple and convenient to use, allowing you to perform contactless payments even when you leave the cards or phone at home. It’s ideal for people on the go who don’t want to carry more than they need.
- Transactions are private and secured
The card details are never stored or transmitted by Fitbit. Every transaction requires your approval at least once every 24 hours and whenever the device exchanges wrists.
- Free of charge
Whether you are paying for your coffee, groceries or movie ticket you can avail Fitbit Pay without any additional cost for your transactions.
Setting up the device:
- Download the Fitbit app on your mobile device whether from Google Play or Apple Store.
- Select device settings, tap Fitbit Wallet and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a PIN set up for your Fitbit, you will be requested to create one.
- Add your QNB credit, debit or prepaid card details in the Fitbit Wallet by introducing the card number, expiry date, CVV along with cardholder name.
- Read and accept the QNB’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Verify your QNB card with a verification code that will be transmitted by QNB whether through E-mail or SMS.
For more details please access: https://youtu.be/Z2xC2LzBU68
Secure is the way to go
- For increased security, QNB cardholder will be required to enter the PIN code whenever:
- The device has been removed and put back on your wrist
- Every 24 hours, even if the watch remains on your wrist
- The device is taken off from the wrist or if the optical heart rate is off
- Your card number and identity aren’t shared with the merchant, and your actual card number will not be stored on your device, Instead, a unique Token number is used.
- All transactions are monitored by QNB’s risk and fraud detection systems.
Pay with Fitbit Pay
To make purchases, whether locally or internationally, you will simply need to add any of your QNB credit, debit or prepaid cards on the Fitbit supported devices. This is a straightforward, easy and secured process which will fundamentally change the way you pay for day to day purchases.
It is as simple:
- Press and hold the left button on your smartwatch for 2 seconds. Swipe to the payments screen if it's not shown
- If prompted, enter your 4-digit watch PIN code. Your default QNB card appears on the screen.
- Within 60 sec hold your watch near the POS terminal reader, with the watch facing the reader.
- On a Versa / Versa Special Edition or Ionic smartwatch: To pay with a different Card, swipe across (from right to left) to find the Card you want to use and then hold your wrist near the payment terminal
- On a Charge 3 Special Edition tracker: To pay with a different Card, tap on the screen to find the Card you want to use and then hold your wrist near the payment terminal.
- The watch vibrates or will display a checkmark when it is finished communicating with the reader. The payment is processed using the payment card you selected.
- Payment confirmation would be received through SMS from QNB
Frequently Asked Questions
Was this information helpful?